Thermography is screening for the breast or body without radiation.
Thousands of people in the United States have taken advantage of Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging. (DITI) DITI detects heat to measure the physiological activity in your body. This clinical test is supported by 30 years of research and over 8000 published medical studies. This procedure takes less than 20 minutes, requires no physical contact, is 100% safe with no radiation and is FDA approved.
By appointment only, call our office for details and pricing 715-381-9965. Or for more information go to: picturemyhealth.com.
Thermography offers a painless, non-invasive, state-of-the-art clinical test without any exposure to radiation (See fig. 1) and is a valuable procedure for alerting your GP or specialist to the possibility of underlying breast disease.
- When used as part of an early detection program, thermography gives women (and men) of all ages the opportunity to increase their chances of detecting breast disease at an early stage.
- This test is designed to improve the chances of detecting fast-growing, active tumors in the intervals between mammography screenings. When used with other procedures, the best possible evaluation of breast health is made.
- Thermography is particularly useful for women under 50 who tend to have denser breast tissue or women who’ve undergone mastectomy or other surgery of the breast.
- The screening test includes 5 images: One front view, two side views and two oblique views, which cover entire chest, underarms and lymph area. (See fig. 3) And at RHI, this test is completely private. We allow 30 minutes for this appointment which includes an opportunity to review scans and answer questions.
- Initially, two screenings, 3 months apart, generally establishes a thermal baseline. This baseline is used for all future analysis. The key to screening breast health is to monitor for change over time.
- All patients's thermograms are interpreted by MD's board ceritified in thermology. Your report will be on their letterhead. The reports and images are maintained in a secure data-base for future access.
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) is not usually detected by mammograms or ultrasounds. Its aggressive nature makes early detection critical. Fig. 2 shows a thermogram of a woman with IBC who had no symptoms of the disease.
- Don't forget to do your monthly breast self exam!
The Benefits of Thermography
- Thermography can detect disease and injury by revealing the thermal abnormalities present in the body.
- Can assess pain and pathology anywhere on the body and is very helpful in monitoring therapy.
- No radiation - 100% safe for everyone.
- Non-invasive, no injections.
- Offers privacy - no bodily contact.
- Thermography is cost effective, risk-free and provides instant images through digital technology.
- You receive a color copy of your images along with a written interpretation by an M.D. certified in thermology. Results usually within 48 hours. STAT results are also available.
- Your images are archived in a secure data base. All future scans are compared to the earlier images. This is important in a screening process - allowing to watch for change over time.
- If you relocate to another area of the country you can continue your screening with a certified thermography clinic.
- Thermography fills the gap in clinical diagnosis.
- Your thermographer was trained under the auspices of the American College of Clinical Thermology.
- We scan by body region. They are: head, breast/chest, abdomen, lower extremities, upper extremities. All include anterior, posterior and laterals, some include oblique views. A full body scan includes all the body regions from head to toe. One or two body regions takes a 30 minute appointment. Three or more regions require a one hour appointment. Your practitioner/therapist may request a combination of regions for pain or trauma evaluation.
- You get Peace of Mind.